New Toyota mini robot can connect with cars and tell how much gas is left in the tank.
New from Toyota Motor, a robot that can talk, learn and serve up information on your car and home — all in a package small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.
The Kirobo Mini, measures just 10cm tall but packs a powerful punch. The robot can hold a conversation with its owner, including hand and facial gestures, and will learn and grow over time, remembering details from past interactions.
When connected to a compatible vehicle, Kirobo Mini can relay details including the amount of gasoline left in the tank, according to Toyota. And when linked up with one of Toyota Home’s smart homes, the robot can tell whether the doors are locked and the air conditioner or water heater are on or off.
Kirobo Mini is available at Toyota dealerships around Japan for 42,984 yen ($385), tax included. Using the device also requires a dedicated smartphone app, which runs 350 yen per month.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news
- First to know about new trends and news
- No ads and no sales pitch
- A special pin a month, posted by us, highlighting your own business
- Our iOS app for free
- Weekly social media promotions of your own pins
- Customization on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal