Electric Car-Powered Homes
This 3D-printed house is not just innovative in its manufacturing design method but also revolutionary in its energy consumption system as it is electric car-powered. Designed and created by architect firm SOM and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, this efficient home ‘AMIE’ provides solutions for the biggest consumers of energy — homes, transportation and manufacturers.
The 3D printing eliminates manufacturing waste since the design can be made to exact specifications, while the building’s solar panels provide another source of power. The electric car has a bidirectional charger, so whichever system holds more power can help charge the other.
This home and car symbiotic system could change the future of living and building practices. Electric car-powered ‘AMIE’ could influence more manufacturers and designers to create systems that are mutually beneficial instead of individual products, increasing their economic efficiency.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news
- First to know about new trends and news
- No ads and no sales pitch
- A special pin a month, posted by us, highlighting your own business
- Our iOS app for free
- Weekly social media promotions of your own pins
- Customization on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal