New Smartphone EV charging service
Delta Electronics (Japan) Inc has started field test operations for EZQC, a new IoT payment service for EV charging.
With this unique IoT service, users do not require any advance membership but can use an EV charger simply with a credit card transaction using WebPay. There is no need for an additional card dedicated to an external terminal or for a network subscription that is bonded to charging service installers or operators. The service not only secures and protects end users’ privacy with no tracking by charging station operators of personal information, but also enables charging operators to create their own surrounding service business. The service provides discount coupons directly to a users’ smartphone and encourages them to visit the shop while charging. It is also possible in the future to cooperate with a 3rd party to collecting points/miles.
This IoT service was developed to satisfy the needs of users and EV charging installers/operators by integrating the latest technologies such as the widely accepted OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol), GPS, Bluetooth Low Energy, secure mobile payment and iOS/Android platforms.
1. Main Features of EZQC
(1) Benefits to EV Users
– No advanced membership subscription required, just download a free application from an App store to the smartphone and key-in valid credit card info. The first time should take less than 3 minutes and then it’s good to go for subsequent EV charging.
– Accepts 5 major credit cards (JCB, MasterCard, Visa, Diner’s Club, American Express)
– Adopts the high-security WebPay service for credit card transactions.
– No private information required to use this service such as address, bank account, or vehicle number. No unwanted user tracking.
– Encourages spending time at affiliated shops and stores that provide discount coupons.
(2) Benefits to Installers/Operators
– Provides flexible framework for EV charging services
– No dedicated terminal for payment management necessary, reduces CAPEX
– No subscription to a particular network service required, reduces OPEX
– Offers coupon distribution for sales promotion with the service.
2. Field Test Operation
Period: Until the end of June
Operation Hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Weekdays)
Site 1: Delta Electronics (Japan) Inc.
2-1-14, Shibadaimon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Site 2: Delta Electronics (Japan) Inc Osaka Office
5-9-6, Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka, Japan
– Smartphone (iPhone (iOS9.1 or higher), Android (4.4 or higher))
– Application (installs in the smartphone)
– Credit Card: JCB, MasterCard, Visa, Diner’s Club, American Express
(4) Service Charge
500 yen (tax included) / Charge