Amazon opening Tokyo bar to catch you offline
Amazon Japan will operate a pop-up bar in the capital’s Ginza shopping district from Friday to Oct. 29, thirsty for real-world contact with consumers to increase users for its global online shopping services.
Wines and cocktails will be recommended based on answers to six questions on a tablet device, such as whether today was a day full of plans and work. If something looks appealing, the patron can order with a button and pay at the counter.
The bar will showcase 5,000 different kinds of alcoholic beverages to emphasize the array of products available online from Amazon.
“By offering a real space where people can enjoy a drink, we hope to give them a better understanding of our business,” Amazon Japan executive Hiroshi Maeda said.
Enjoy our free content ?
Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- Technology Procurement Grendz Researchers can search for specific technologies or innovations that matches your company business and give you contacts and information that will help you to aquire or implement those technologies (Limit to 3 procurement requests per month)
- Team Members Company access to up to 3 members included in the company legend package.
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal