Amazon opening Tokyo bar to catch you offline
Amazon Japan will operate a pop-up bar in the capital’s Ginza shopping district from Friday to Oct. 29, thirsty for real-world contact with consumers to increase users for its global online shopping services.
Wines and cocktails will be recommended based on answers to six questions on a tablet device, such as whether today was a day full of plans and work. If something looks appealing, the patron can order with a button and pay at the counter.
The bar will showcase 5,000 different kinds of alcoholic beverages to emphasize the array of products available online from Amazon.
“By offering a real space where people can enjoy a drink, we hope to give them a better understanding of our business,” Amazon Japan executive Hiroshi Maeda said.
Enjoy our free content ?
Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal