Isuzu designs truck based on honeycomb
Isuzu Motors Ltd will showcase a concept model of a truck designed based on a honeycomb at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017, which will be open to the public from Oct 28 to Nov 5, at Tokyo Big Sight.
When designing the truck, Design Concept FD-SI, Isuzu said it focused on “swarm intelligence,” which is observed in creatures such as insects.
Seeing the lateral side of the truck as a honeycomb, Isuzu came up with a structure that houses hexagonal boxes. By effectively using the luggage space, it becomes possible to improve pickup/delivery efficiency. Moreover, the driver’s seat is located in the center so that the driver can easily move in and outside the truck.
In addition to the concept model focused on the functional design, Isuzu plans to exhibit the Elf EV small electric truck. It is made by adding a battery and motor to the Elf small truck, which the company manufactures and sells.
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp, which is affiliated with Daimler AG, is taking a lead in the field of electric trucks of the same class. Mitsubishi Fuso started production of eCanter, an electric version of the Canter small truck, in July. To compete with Mitsubishi Fuso, Isuzu will see how the market will respond to the Elf EV by showing it at the trade show.
Enjoy our free content ?
Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news
- First to know about new trends and news
- No ads and no sales pitch
- A special pin a month, posted by us, highlighting your own business
- Our iOS app for free
- Weekly social media promotions of your own pins
- Customization on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal
And Nothing To Lose
The best way to get the most out of Grendz.