Anti-Bacterial Door Pads
The spread of germs through contact with common surfaces has long been a problem, but in few environments is an anti-bacterial approach more crucial than in hospitals, which is precisely why a U.K.-based company has gone ahead and created a line of anti-bacterial door pads.
Dubbed Surfaceskins, these door pads are designed to be fitted above the aluminum pads that adorn many hospital doors. When the pad is pushed, alcohol gel is pushed out of a container and disinfects the surface of the pad in a matter of seconds, so that it is free of bacteria before the next user pushes it.
Considering that these door pads have been shown to decrease bacterial presence by as much as 90 per cent, it’s clear that they could make for a more efficient and effective alternative to the hand-sanitizer dispensers that are ubiquitous in so many hospitals.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- Technology Procurement Grendz Researchers can search for specific technologies or innovations that matches your company business and give you contacts and information that will help you to aquire or implement those technologies (Limit to 3 procurement requests per month)
- Team Members Company access to up to 3 members included in the company legend package.
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal