Shoe Design 2.0
Austin makes a great point in noticing how the future of sports footwear is in making right and left shoes that aren’t mirror images of each other. See the GIF above to notice how in a sport like fencing, the right and left leg have different pressure zones, resulting in a need where each shoe has a different role to play. His solution? Differently designed shoes for the left and right foot. Using 3D printing, Ausin’s New Balance Study aims at redesigning fencing shoes keeping varying usage in mind.
The result is two shoes that look a part of the same family, but you can immediately notice how the soles of both feet are completely different, molded by the areas of the feet that feel the most pressure during the lunge forward. Imagine this design philosophy for differently designed footwear carrying forward to other sports like bowling or golf!
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal