Yamaha Motor to Show Cart-type Concept Car at CES
The concept car, “Public Personal Mobility (PPM) 06GEN Automated,” is expected to be used in resort areas and urban areas measuring several square kilometers where there are both pedestrians and vehicles. It seems to carry four to six passengers sitting facing the center of the car. It helps transportation of a few people.
The car recognizes the surrounding situations by image recognition using cameras. Compared with other methods using milliwave radar and LiDAR (light detection and ranging) devices, it can be realized at a lower cost.
The system for operation of the car is a cloud type. By applying Web-API, it becomes easier for business operators dealing with autonomous driving to make their own “MaaS” (Mobility as a Service).
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal