IHI to Produce Algae-derived Jet Fuel in Thailand
IHI will construct facilities for a test to produce jet fuel from algae in Thailand.
It is a joint project with Kobe University. IHI developed the integrated manufacturing process of algae-derived “bio jet fuel,” aiming to commercialize the production of bio jet fuel.
Thus far, IHI has been engaged in research/development using Botryococcus, microalgae that grow very fast. More than 50% of the alga body of Botryococcus contains hydrocarbon oil, which is a material for oil-alternate fuel.
In fiscal 2015, IHI succeeded in the outdoor large-scale (1,500m2) cultivation of Botryococcus.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- Technology Procurement Grendz Researchers can search for specific technologies or innovations that matches your company business and give you contacts and information that will help you to aquire or implement those technologies (Limit to 3 procurement requests per month)
- Team Members Company access to up to 3 members included in the company legend package.
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal