Play2Live secures $16 mil in pre-sale; launches 24/7 live rebroadcasts of eSports events
Play2Live (P2L), an eSports streaming platform operating on the basis of BitShares 2.0 blockchain, has secured a total of $16 million during a pre-sale. The company is continuing its expansion with the launch of 24/7 live rebroadcasts in six languages: English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese. The public pre-sale for the LUC token started on Jan 26.
“We have decided to launch the rebroadcasts of the tournaments on the existing version of the platform,” said Alexey Burdyko, CEO and founder of Play2Live. “While a major tech update is en route, we thought that gamers and P2L project supporters would marvel at the opportunity to watch the recorded streams of widely enjoyed events such as Dota 2 – The International. We are determined to further augment the functionality of the platform. The forthcoming update is scheduled for the start of the token sale event on Feb 12. In the near future, we expect to launch user streaming on our MVP and introduce several additional features.”
While the blockchain industry is brimming with gaming projects, Play2Live claims to be different, creating a unique economy for a streaming platform based on a revenue-sharing model. The project team is positive about offering streamers and viewers an opportunity to better interact with each other and monetize their content. Altogether, the streamers will be able to monetize their content in 11 ways as opposed to the 4 or 5 ways available on existing streaming platforms. They can earn right from their very first stream, regardless of the size of their follower base. The platform offers top-notch mechanisms for the streamers to boost their follower count, such as a system of interactive tasks during streams, betting services, enhanced communication in the chat, and other engaging activities!
On Play2Live, viewers can monetize their content in five ways (compared to zero elsewhere in the eSports video-streaming industry). They can earn income by watching adverts (the platform is ad-free by default), performing tasks set by streamers, voting for content, and sharing their internet bandwidth via peer-to-peer CDN. Viewers can place bets with bookmakers without leaving the P2L site and can purchase games using LUC tokens received through various activities on the platform. Ultimately, P2L offers 15 sources of revenue, which is three times more than the current streaming industry leaders.
Burdyko visited South Korea, where eSports culture was born, and spoke about his vision and the prospects of the project. During a meet-up with investors and eSports community members, Alexey discussed in detail the platform and how P2L will address the pitfalls of the streaming industry.
Founded in 2017, Play2Live aims to merge blockchain technology with streaming services. Its mission is to create an ecosystem where every participant — the viewer, the streamer, and the eSports tournament organizer — is part of a seamless system that favors interaction among viewers and the diversity of monetization schemes. Essentially, everybody can be part of the peer-to-peer interaction, and everybody — even the viewer — is able to earn money.
Play2Live uses a token called Level Up Coin (LUC), which acts as the sole mean of payment within the system. It can be easily converted to other cryptocurrencies or to fiat money through a gateway/API.
The public pre-sale for the LUC token lasts until Feb 5. The token sale event begins on Feb 12 and ends on March 5.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- Technology Procurement Grendz Researchers can search for specific technologies or innovations that matches your company business and give you contacts and information that will help you to aquire or implement those technologies (Limit to 3 procurement requests per month)
- Team Members Company access to up to 3 members included in the company legend package.
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal