Some Amazon Echo Devices Are Spontaneously Laughing … Weird.
Amazon confirmed that some of its Echo smart speakers were having random – and creepy – fits of laughter.
“We’re aware of this and working to fix it,” Amazon told in a statement.
The company did not provide any further details, including whether it knows what’s causing the Echo devices to laugh spontaneously.
Over the past two days, users on social media have said the popular device was randomly emitting terrifying and unprompted laughter without their instructing Alexa, the voice assistant built into the Echo, to wake up.
One person said on Twitter that he told his Alexa to turn his lights off and instead heard a woman laugh. Others reported hearing the laughter when they were home alone in the dark.
Amazon’s official acknowledgement of the Echo’s laughing problem was first reported by The Verge.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news
- First to know about new trends and news
- No ads and no sales pitch
- A special pin a month, posted by us, highlighting your own business
- Our iOS app for free
- Weekly social media promotions of your own pins
- Customization on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal
And Nothing To Lose
The best way to get the most out of Grendz.