Bird-repellent fence developed for solar panels
Koyu Co Ltd, based in Nishinomiya City, Hyogo Prefecture, will release a bird-repellent fence for solar panels April 9.
The “Bird Blocker” prevents damage caused by birds entering a space between a roof and solar panels. When birds build a nest and settle under solar panels, it can lead to damage caused by their droppings, noise, panel failure and decrease in power generation efficiency.
By using special extensible metal fittings, for which Koyu has already filed patent applications, the new fence can be installed even in places with irregularities such as roof tiles. The fence has an appropriate hardness and can be easily processed by cutting and bending in accordance with the site. The extensible metal fittings and fence are both made of stainless steel (SUS304) and can be used for a long period of time.
The fence supports solar panels of many manufacturers and can be set up in accordance with the shapes of various roof tiles and slate materials. Also, it can be installed without making holes in solar panel components. So, the guarantee on solar panels is not invalidated after the installation of the fence. The fence can be detached even after installation, making it easier to maintain solar panels.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal