Japan, India to Cooperate in Renewable Energy, Hydrogen Technologies
Hiroshige Seko, Japan’s Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, attended the 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue May 1, 2018, in Delhi, India.
Seko signed an agreement with India’s Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh on “Japan-India Energy Conversion Cooperation Plan,” which is aimed at helping India’s energy conversion and elimination of carbon, and a joint statement including the contents of the plan.
In the dialogue, they confirmed that Japan and India, as the third and seventh largest economies, respectively, in the world, need access to clean, economical energy. The statement says that the two countries’ cooperation in energy development will also contribute to the energy security, energy access and climate change issues.
In addition, as one of the keys to the elimination of carbon, the two ministers confirmed the importance of the development and spread of next generation technologies including hydrogen technologies for new energy conversion in view of the Paris Agreement.
Furthermore, they said that, as a result of the rapidly spreading use of renewable energy and the large-scale introduction of electric vehicles (EVs), the integration with power systems and grid-related measures will become important. Specifically, they mentioned technological cooperation for grid stabilization using variable-speed pumping power generation systems and storage batteries.
On the other hand, they said that coal-fired thermal power generation will continue to be important in the energy mixes of the two countries and they will strengthen their cooperation in high-efficiency, low-emission technologies and clean coal technologies (CCTs) including the quality management of air. And they confirmed that they will establish a transparent, diversified market for liquefied natural gas (LNG) based on the MoU (memorandum of understanding) that they signed in October 2017.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal