Sharp’s battery system efficiently stores solar electricity
Sharp Corp will release a new model of its home-use Cloud Storage Battery System, which can store power generated by solar panels, on July 6. It supports rapid charging and can efficiently store solar electricity in a battery even with few hours of sunshine.
The product code of the new system is JH-WBP67A/JH-WBP70A. It can store solar electricity and low-priced nighttime electricity and supply it at the time of disaster or during hours when the amount of power generation is small.
Also, when the system works in conjunction with a DC (direct-current) hybrid air conditioner that can be powered by the stored electricity without DC-AC conversion, it becomes possible to reduce conversion loss, compared with normal air conditioners.
The Cloud Storage Battery System consists of the JH-WB1821 lithium-ion (Li-ion) storage battery and the JH-42JT2/JH-55JT3 hybrid power conditioner. The nominal capacity of the storage battery is 8.4kWh. Sharp halved the time it takes to fully and rapidly charge the battery to about 2.5 hours, compared with the previous model.
The rated output of the hybrid power conditioner at the time of stand-alone operation was increased to 2.0kW. The JH-42JT2 has a conversion efficiency of 96.0% (with a power factor of 1.0). The number of input circuits is two. When connected to a power grid, its rated output is 4.2kW.
The JH-55JT3 has a conversion efficiency of 95.5%. The number of its input circuits is three. When connected to a power grid, its rated output is 5.5kW.
The JH-WBP67A combines the JH-WB1821 and JH-42JT2, and its manufacturer’s suggested retail price is ¥2,910,000 (excluding tax). The JH-WBP70A consists of the JH-WB1821 and JH-55JT3, and its manufacturer’s suggested retail price is ¥2,980,000 (excluding tax). Sharp will produce 250 units per month.
Also, Sharp will release the NU-210AH residential monocrystalline solar panel July 23, 2018. It has a conversion efficiency of 18.2% and a nominal maximum output of 210W. Its manufacturer’s suggested retail price is ¥96,600 (900USD).
The company will produce 6,200 units of the solar panel per month.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- Technology Procurement Grendz Researchers can search for specific technologies or innovations that matches your company business and give you contacts and information that will help you to aquire or implement those technologies (Limit to 3 procurement requests per month)
- Team Members Company access to up to 3 members included in the company legend package.
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal