The virtual makeover
If you’re looking for a cosmetic makeover for your real self, but aren’t sure what would you suit you, DHC Corp. has taken advantage of augmented reality to allow its customers to try out a range of beauty products without having to step into a store.
The app uses 3D face-recognition technology to simulate lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushers and other makeup items onto the user’s on-screen face. It works in real time and, since it uses AR, you can move your head around to view the makeover from all sides. There’s also an on-screen slider that allows you to toggle between before and after looks.
The app is free, but it’s designed to promote DHC goods, so the choices are limited to the brand. If you do find what you’re looking for, though, you can access the DHC online store directly and purchase it right away. For anyone who is already a DHC fan, the company says it will also use the app to highlight new, limited-edition and seasonal products.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- P2P Advice From our team and members
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal