The virtual makeover
If you’re looking for a cosmetic makeover for your real self, but aren’t sure what would you suit you, DHC Corp. has taken advantage of augmented reality to allow its customers to try out a range of beauty products without having to step into a store.
The app uses 3D face-recognition technology to simulate lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushers and other makeup items onto the user’s on-screen face. It works in real time and, since it uses AR, you can move your head around to view the makeover from all sides. There’s also an on-screen slider that allows you to toggle between before and after looks.
The app is free, but it’s designed to promote DHC goods, so the choices are limited to the brand. If you do find what you’re looking for, though, you can access the DHC online store directly and purchase it right away. For anyone who is already a DHC fan, the company says it will also use the app to highlight new, limited-edition and seasonal products.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news
- First to know about new trends and news
- No ads and no sales pitch
- A special pin a month, posted by us, highlighting your own business
- Our iOS app for free
- Weekly social media promotions of your own pins
- Customization on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal
And Nothing To Lose
The best way to get the most out of Grendz.