See-through solar panels installed at private house

Taiyo Kogyo Corp has installed a sunroom using “see-through solar panels” at a private house in Gyoda City, Saitama Prefecture.

The see-through solar panel employed this time uses thin-film solar cells having slits and transmits light while generating power. With a transmittance of 10% (visible light), it eliminates the need for lighting during daylight hours. On the other hand, it blocks more than 90% of solar radiation heat, contributing to cooling the room.

The panel measures 1,200 x 998mm, and its nominal maximum output is 85W.

Share on Pinterest
More share buttons
Share with your friends










Submit