Electric Car-Powered Homes
This 3D-printed house is not just innovative in its manufacturing design method but also revolutionary in its energy consumption system as it is electric car-powered. Designed and created by architect firm SOM and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, this efficient home ‘AMIE’ provides solutions for the biggest consumers of energy — homes, transportation and manufacturers.
The 3D printing eliminates manufacturing waste since the design can be made to exact specifications, while the building’s solar panels provide another source of power. The electric car has a bidirectional charger, so whichever system holds more power can help charge the other.
This home and car symbiotic system could change the future of living and building practices. Electric car-powered ‘AMIE’ could influence more manufacturers and designers to create systems that are mutually beneficial instead of individual products, increasing their economic efficiency.
Enjoy our free content ? Try our Legend services.
- Star Level
- Access to Grendz and the right to READ and SHARE our science techie green pins
- The right to WRITE and SHARE your OWN science techie green pins
- WEEKLY mind-blowing e-report with trends and news, never miss what is grendzing.
- Customization Capability on which trends categories you want us to follow closer.
- Our iOS or Android app for free
- First to know about new trends and news
- Weekly social media promotions (through Grendz social media presence) of your own pins (tech, science, green related) that may include: Your own service, products, PR or/and business related
- No ads and no sales pitch
- 24h Support (via e-mail)
- Cancel anytime your renewal